Sunday, January 1, 2012

This Blog

I have some friends who have done a 365 project, where they take a photo every day for a year.  That flat out takes dedication.  I remember when I made up my own 31 project on my personal family blog in March of 2011 and making a blog post daily for just a month almost killed me – and that didn’t include taking and editing a photo to post with it!  I know that I don’t have the time to do a 365 project.  I’d heard of people who did a project 52, meaning they take and edit a photo every week, but I was scared to commit to that, too.

Then I saw this blog post by Sarah Cornish of My Four Hens Photography (a/k/a {m4h}).  I thought that her concept of a Project 52 based on weekly themes sounded pretty cool, but I had already declared that I did not do such projects and I quickly forgot about it.  Then I read this blog post on Clickin Moms about how Amii Wroblewski was going to use a 52 project to really “push her photography to a new level creatively.”  That really interested me.  Before that blog post, I had thought the purpose of these “projects” were to capture daily/weekly life – which is a great goal, but I feel like I already do that to some extent on my personal family blog.  I had not thought of it before as a way to improve photography skills in some manner.  After I read that Clickin Moms blog post, I started seeing more and more comments by photographers about how much their photography improved after taking on a 365 or 52 project. 

I’m in a Facebook group with some classmates from a Shooting 201 class I took back in October.  Some of those women started talking about how they were going to do a 365 or 52 project and how great the {m4h} Project 52 looked. . . .  First, I told them that I didn’t do those sorts of projects.  Then I watched as the messages kept coming about so many of those women who were going to participate in the {m4h} Project 52 on Flickr.  Before I really knew what I was doing, I’d signed up for the group. 

I decided to start this blog just for the 2012 {m4h} Project 52 so that I can keep all of my Project 52 photos and thoughts and ideas in one place.  I’m really looking forward to this project and can’t wait to see what the year will bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment