Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 5/52 | Simplicity

This week’s theme is Simplicity.  To me, simplicity would be photo with almost nothing in it but the subject, and that would need to be a simple subject.  I usually don't take photos of non-moving subjects.  My focus is typically just on photographing my kids.  For this week, I decided to photograph something that doesn't move, so I specially picked out this apple at the grocery store, knowing that I’d be photographing it.  It was way harder than I had thought to get the light, shadows, and focus to hit just right, and it wasn't easy to compose the shot so that the reflection didn't get overpowered.  Even though I like this photo, it wasn't quite what I envisioned.  This was a great exercise for me, and something I definitely want to keep working on. 

DSC_0984

Nikon D7000
Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D lens
f/2.0
ss 1/125
ISO 3200
edited in LR3 and PSE8

No comments:

Post a Comment